Join us for a special workshop on coping with stress sponsored by LADMH Friday May 20th. Please click here for the flyer.
Family Support Groups
We all struggle with how to be the very best parent, caregiver and friend. There are many health and social issues we face in day-to-day living. Many of us are also challenged to care for dependent loved ones. Central to healthy, consistent care giving is knowledgeable, understanding support. Getting the right answer is sometimes as simple as listening to someone in the same situation. ONEgeneration provides a variety of services to meet the needs of caregivers, seniors and families. Check out the support groups near you.
By attending our caregiver support groups, you benefit from:
- Encouragement and support from other caregivers dealing with dementia care
- Learning about dementia
- Decreasing the sense of isolation and the overwhelmed feeling caregivers experience
- Learning stress management and relaxation techniques
- Helping others by sharing your experiences
- Connecting with community resources and workshops
- Becoming a more balanced caregiver by learning to take care of yourself
Groups are FREE and held:
1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 3:00-4:30PM
17400 Victory Boulevard, Van Nuys 91406
(between Louise and White Oak)
Plenty of Free parking available.
*Please CLICK HERE for more information or call our Adult Daycare Assistant Director at (818) 708-6376.
Free respite provided during group for ONEgeneration Adult Daycare Participants.