Advocating for Families
Our dedicated team at GAP are passionate advocates who believe every time we positively impact one child or one caregiver, we are one step closer to changing our community. When caregivers are overwhelmed, when they find doors slamming in their faces, we step in and advocate on their behalf. We provide connection and support, breaking the isolation kinship families face when parents can no longer parent. Success is not guaranteed, but we persevere as we strive to keep moving the dream forward.
For information about our current groups and services
please call 818-264-0880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Innovative programming aimed at fostering the critical factors a young person needs to thrive, achieve and develop into caring, competent adults.
- Support and Resource Services including peer support groups, crisis assistance and linkage services that address immediate needs in the home and child’s life, foster resiliency and strengthen these non-traditional families.
- Training’s, community outreach and online/offline resources for grandparents and other adult caregivers.
- Advocacy at the grassroots and government levels for the rights and concerns of adult caregivers and the youth for which they are responsible.
- GAP’s services are focused primarily in Southern California
Children's Court Assistance
Do you need assistance in Children’s Court or Probate Court in regards to kinship care related services?
Please contact Alejandro, the GAP Court Navigator. He can assist you at no cost with paperwork and court resources.
Kinship Resource Groups
ONEgeneration-Senior Enrichment Center
18255 Victory Blvd.
Reseda, CA 91335
Wednesday: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Kaiser Permanente Clinic
27107 Tourney Road-Small Conf. Rm
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
17800 Woodruff Avenue
Bellflower, CA 90706
Wednesdays: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
The Salvation Army
3000 Long Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90807
Thursdays: 9:00am-10:30am (Spanish)
Thursdays: 10:30am – 12:00pm (English)
Call For Closure Information
Various locations at LAUSD Schools
San Fernando Valley area
South Los Angeles area
Call for times and locations 818-264-0880
Jeff Seymour Family Center
10900 Mulhall St.
El Monte, CA 91731
Mondays: 8:30am – 10:00am
Yucca Neighborhood House
503 East Avenue Q-3
Palmdale, CA 93550