All Grandparents As Parents Kinship Resource Meetings are canceled through the month of March with further updates to come.
The only available service is a meal or food to take home, which will be available for pick up between 12 noon and 1pm.
- Congregate Meals at Canoga Park Senior Center and Owensmouth Gardens Dining Center will continue on a limited basis, meals to take home can be picked between 12noon and 1pm
- Our Adult Day Care, Childcare , Homebound Meals, and Transportation programs will continue but on a modified basis.
- The Encino Farmers Market held on Sundays will be closed 03/22 and 03/29.
Advocating for Families
Our dedicated team at GAP are passionate advocates who believe every time we positively impact one child or one caregiver, we are one step closer to changing our community. When caregivers are overwhelmed, when they find doors slamming in their faces, we step in and advocate on their behalf. We provide connection and support, breaking the isolation kinship families face when parents can no longer parent. Success is not guaranteed, but we persevere as we strive to keep moving the dream forward.
- Innovative programming aimed at fostering the critical factors a young person needs to thrive, achieve and develop into caring, competent adults.
- Support and Counseling Services including peer support groups, crisis counseling and linkage services that address immediate needs in the home and child’s life, foster resiliency and strengthen these non-traditional families.
- Training’s, community outreach and online/offline resources for grandparents and other adult caregivers.
- Advocacy at the grassroots and government levels for the rights and concerns of adult caregivers and the youth for which they are responsible.
- GAP’s services are focused primarily in Southern California
Kinship Resource Meetings
For more information regarding our Kinship Resource Meetings please call (818) 264-0880 , or email GAP@onegeneration.org
Click here for a printable list of our Kinship Resource Meetings. See below for the current status of each group.
Reseda (Spanish) TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
ONEgeneration-Senior Enrichment Center
18255 Victory Blvd.
Reseda, CA 91335
Wednesday: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Santa Clarita TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
Kaiser Permanente Clinic
27107 Tourney Road-Small Conf. Rm
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Bellflower TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
17800 Woodruff Avenue
Bellflower, CA 90706
Wednesdays: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Long Beach TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
The Salvation Army
3000 Long Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90807
Thursdays: 9:00am-10:30am (Spanish)
Thursdays: 10:30am – 12:00pm (English)
Yucca Neighborhood House
503 East Avenue Q-3
Palmdale, CA 93550
El Monte TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
Jeff Seymour Family Center
10900 Mulhall St.
El Monte, CA 91731
Mondays: 8:30am – 10:00am
LAUSD Schools CALL FOR CLOSURE INFORMATION
Various locations at LAUSD Schools
San Fernando Valley area
South Los Angeles area
Call for times and locations 818-264-0880
Do you need assistance with Family Court in regards to your guardianship?
Please contact Alejandro, the GAP Court Navigator. He can assist you at no cost with paperwork and court resources. Click here for more information.