Important Notice: COVID-19
Due to the potential transmission of COVID-19, a number of events at ONEgeneration have been postponed or modified immediately, see below:
ONEgeneration is proactively taking steps that will help to protect our community. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and support, as our first priority is the health and safety of our seniors, children, families, staff, volunteers, and visitors
- ONEgeneration Senor Enrichment Center (OSEC), effective immediately the center facility will be closed until further notice, the only available services are meal delivery, Drive-Thru Food Pantry on Tuesdays at 11am and staff assistance by telephone (818)705-2345.
- Congregate Meals at Canoga Park and Owensmouth Gardens are Suspended If you are in need of meals and regularly attend these meal sites, please contact 818-705-2345 to ask about home-bound delivered meals.
- The Encino Farmers Market held on Sundays will be open 8am to 1pm. We have received proper approval from the City of Los Angeles to remain open as an essential source of fresh produce. Please follow us on Facebook and the website for updated information.
- Childcare/Preschool remains open.
- The ONEgeneration Adult Daycare/ADHC has suspended in-center services. Care-giving resources and groups will be available virtually.
- Grandparents As Parents in-person support groups are suspended until further notice, please call (818) 264-0880 for information about online support groups and resources.
Check Out Our Videos:
ONEgeneration’s 40th Anniversary Video
About Us – Take a look at our Enrichment Senior Center and Intergenerational Programs
ONEgeneration is committed to providing programs and services to seniors and their caregivers that help keep them safe and protected. We provide services that enable seniors to age with family, in community or independently. We promote physical health and mental well-being, provide socialization, nutrition and access to food and resources. This is all towards the goal of keeping seniors from the tipping point of decline and avoiding or delaying preventable hospitalizations and premature loss of independence.
A continuing hallmark of ONEgeneration is our “intergenerational programming” which unites our seniors, children and young people in daily multicultural activities. The value of this caring and foundational relationship bond is widely recognized in research – it is an essential building block for enriching the lives of all.
What Does Intergenerational Mean?
Intergenerational refers to the selection and coordination of activities that enrich multiple generations. When ONEgeneration’s seniors and children join in activities, seniors recall favorite songs, games, and projects of their pasts as they share their skills, patience, and expertise with pre-schoolers. When older adults tutor young people, they bring critical one-on-one attention to the youths’ skill building, while the young people make seniors more comfortable with new technologies. This reciprocity builds mutual respect and a sense of community, providing children and adults with diverse role models. The extraordinary relationships formed last throughout our participants’ lives.
17400 Victory Blvd. in Van Nuys, CA 91406 (818)708-6625
Adult Daycare – A medically supervised day program for adults living with Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, post-stroke disabilities, memory impairment and other long term illnesses.
Childcare & Preschool – Year-round quality program serving children ages 6 weeks to 6 years. Childcare includes infant and toddler care, Preschool begins at age 2. Accredited by NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children
Grandparents As Parents – A ONEgeneration Kinship Care Service Program – providing programs and services that meet the urgent and ongoing needs of grandparents and other relatives raising children at risk
Homebound Meals – A hot prepared lunch is delivered to frail and homebound seniors Monday thru Friday. (donation based)
Dining Centers – Weekdays lunch sites in Van Nuys, Reseda, Canoga Park and Woodland Hills serve hot balanced lunches in a social congregate setting. (donation based)
Transportation Services – Transportation is provided, for those who qualify, to critical appointments.
Hunger Benefits and Housing Resources – In an effort to address the rising affordable housing and homelessness crisis in LA County, ONEgeneration Senior Enrichment Center offers a Hunger Benefits and Housing Support for individuals in the community who are at risk of homelessness or currently experiencing homelessness.
Encino Farmers Market – Open year-round on Sundays from 8am to 1pm. Market proceeds support ONEgeneration programs.
18255 Victory Blvd. in Reseda, CA 91335 (818)705-2345
Senior Enrichment Center – A community center for active older adults hosting classes and programming beneficial to their health and well being.
Care Management – Care Managers provide numerous services that allow senior to age at home living as independently as possible.
Affiliations and Partnerships: