Contact us now for our for a tour including full-time and part-time care!
Email: email@example.com or call (818)708-6377 for a tour.
LOCATION: 17400 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91406
HOURS: 7am to 6pm, Year-round
ONEgeneration’s quality childcare program serves children ages 6 weeks to 6 years. Childcare includes infant and toddler care, Preschool begins at age 2.
For ages 12 months and above, we provide two snacks a day and give you the option of adding a well-balanced hot lunch or bringing your own. Staff accommodates specific nutritional needs as related to allergies or other health conditions. ONEgeneration is equipped with a nurse on staff daily at this site for emergency situations.
ONEgeneration Daycare offers exceptional care for infants, toddlers and an enriching preschool educational program. The developmentally appropriate curriculum allows children to acquire skills that will prepare them for school readiness in an environment that emphasizes fun and discovery. We provide year round care in our centrally located San Fernando Valley setting. Our program is presented in a beautiful and secure environment – and provides an intergenerational context where seniors and children have the opportunity for daily interactions. To read more about our Intergenerational Program Click Here!
Our unique Intergenerational Program provides exciting activities such as creative art, cooking, movement, music, pet therapy, gardening and games. These caring connections between the children and the seniors help children acquire new interests, skills and learn the meaning of acceptance, cooperation and compassion. For those families with older relations who do not live in the area this gives your child the opportunity to foster an ongoing bond to a senior that they see daily.
What makes ONEgeneration’s Childcare/Preschool unique?….
- Recognized as a national model of shared site intergenerational care for frail seniors and children ages 6 weeks to 6 years.
- Brings children and seniors together daily for select structured activities that enrich the lives of both groups.
- A very low ratio of teachers to children offers children more opportunities for nurturing and individual attention. Where conflict resolution is promoted in interactions.
- We utilize our outdoor space for open play and activities to promote socialization, exercise and increase gross motor and cognitive skills.
- Intergeneration Activities provides the opportunity for strong relationships to be formed from infancy all the way through preschool with seniors of our Adult Daycare program.
- Our developmental philosophy is designed to promote self-esteem, celebrate the individual and concentrate on the “whole” child.
- Solid Educational Foundation.
- The use and integration of new technologies, with a special focus on multi-touch screen devices for children to accelerate, enrich and deepen basic skills in our oldest classroom
- A library and reading program that incorporates both fiction and non-fiction materials to promote reading comprehension
- Exceptional Staff- Teachers exceed State requirements and are all certified in pediatric first aid and CPR.
- Very involved Parent Support Group.
- Additional Enrichment Activities are offered where specialized teachers/leaders are brought in to facilitate programming including: sports, science, gymnastics, cooking and music.
- Homelike environment where children learn and grow through exploration.
A curriculum framework for the older classrooms include the following domains of learning:
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Literacy
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Development
- History/Social Science
ONEgeneration’s program will take your child to their next level.